Sunday, May 31, 2009

Movies of Next Month: June 2009

With may behind us we have to look forward to the rest of the summer, starting with June. So I’m posting this article of what you people have to look forward to and if I too look forward to them.

land-of-the-lost-poster Land of the Lost (Release Date: 6-5-09): I never watched the TV series because it was on way before my time so I can’t comment on that. I do have to say that it looks decently funny. It stars Will Ferrell who is Mr. Hit or miss, so this movie could go either way.

hangover-poster The Hangover (Release Date: 6-5-09): This looks pretty funny. I like that it doesn’t try to pull us in by huge comedic actors but instead gives some other guys a try. On the other hand it might just suck.

imagine-that-poster Imagine That (Release Date: 6-12-09): Imagine that just looks like another kids film. It doesn’t seem like it would be anything special mostly because the whole “Dad has more time for work then family” is way overused.

Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 poster The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 (Release Date: 6-12-09): This looks like an exciting thriller. It has Denzel Washington as a subway worker who has to negotiate against John Travolta who is a hijacker. Lets see how it turns out.

proposal-poster The Proposal (Release Date: 6-19-09): This chick flick is about a boss who is in danger of deportation, so she has no choice but to blackmail one of her workers to marry her (Which would get you arrested but at least your still in the country). This looks like a chick flick, and not a good one at that.

the_year_one_poster Year One (Release Date: 6-19-09): This sort of looks like a History of the World Part 1 wannabee, but could still be funny.

transformers 2 -poster Transformers 2 (Release Date: 6-24-09): This is that last film I’m commenting on in this article. I liked that first one when it first came out but when I rewatched it I saw some of the stupidity of the film, but it was in my opinion a good film. The sequel could, as with all sequel, be a huge win or a huge fail.

No comments: