Thursday, February 26, 2009

Movies of Next Month: March 2009

The Oscars are over and I just have to say that I’m glad that Slumdog Millionaire, my favorite movie of 2008 won 8 awards including best picture and best original song -- Jai Ho baby. But let’s not talk about the 2009 Oscars because that’s in the past. Instead let’s talk about the future; specifically the future of films within next month.

WatchmenPosterWatchmen: This made number #1 on my most anticipated movie list which now that I think about it I think that might have been exaggerating. But I still think that this film will be great. I’m not a comic book reader but the plot seems so interesting. I like mysteries but the main problem with most of them is that they can be boring. Since this is a movie with mystery and superhero action I don’t think this will be a boring film. Hopefully this film will be good and not like The Spirit, getting bad reviews and making me not want to see it. Opening 03/06/09

Witch mountain poster Race to Witch Mountain: I just have to say that this looks like a bad movie. It looks stupid and just seems like Disney wanting to make a quick buck. I doubt that I will be visiting Witch Mountain. Opening: 3/13/09

Miss march poster Miss March: Miss March looks bad. It’s about a high school student who’s about to lose his virginity but gets in an accident that puts him in a coma. He wakes up a couple years later to learn that his girlfriend is now a model for Playboy magazine. Now he’s on a journey to get her back (even though a huge margin of the single men in America have seen her nude). The commercial had a couple of funny parts but overall this movie seems like a cheap comedy that is all shock and no humor. Opening: 3/13/09

Sunshine cleaning poster Sunshine Cleaning: This movie is from the producers of Little Miss Sunshine and seems to be shot in the same style. It’s about two sisters who go into a business called Sunshine Cleaning that cleans up crime scenes. It looks very funny and it’ll probably be very good. Opening: 3/13/09

Duplicity poster Duplicity: I’m on the fence on this movie. It looks decent but it might just be horrible. It’s from the writers of Michael Clayton which I can’t decide is a good thing or a bad thing. Just have to wait to see what critics think of it. Opening: 3/20/09

I love you man poster I Love You Man: I don’t know what to think of this film either. It looks a little funny but it could be horrible. It’s produced by Judd Apatow so it could either be a hit like Forgetting Sarah Marshall or a miss like Dullbit Taylor. Have to see the reviews for this also. Opening: 3/20/09

Knowing poster Knowing: Now here’s a film that I’m not on the fence about: Knowing. My opinion on this film is that it’s going to be bad. There are two reasons why I think that. One; the trailer doesn’t look like the trailer to a good movie. Two: It stars Nicolas Cage which so far I only liked three of his movies (Moonstruck, Con Air, and Raising Arizona) the rest I saw were bad and I heard that all of his recent flicks were horrible also. There’s one thing I’m knowing about Knowing, and that’s knowing that I’ll probably won’t see it. Opening: 3/20/09

Adventureland poster Adventureland: Adventureland doesn’t look that good either. It’s about a kid out of high school who gets a job in a theme park ran by unfunny funny guys. It might be surprisingly good but I think it’s safe to say that I’m not going to Adventureland. Opening: 3/27/09

monsters vs aliens poster Monsters VS Aliens: It’s ironic that this post began with my most anticipated film and ended with my least anticipated film. On my least anticipated film list I said that this film looks stupid I stand by that statement. Opening: 3/27/09

March 2009 looks like a decent movie month. Seems like there’s a selection of films to see. Let’s wait to see if they’re going to be good or not.

No comments: