Monday, April 20, 2009

Franchise til Now: X-Men

Franchises are made for money, but if the predecessor is good then we will always flock to the sequel. That is why I’m creating my new series where I review the predecessors to an upcoming sequel, and since X-Men Origins: Wolverine, is coming out I decided to review the previous three X-Men films. I have to warn you that I’m doing these reviews off memory because most of these I haven’t seen in a while.

xmen poster X-Men: The first one was pretty good, it wasn’t as great as many of the comic book movies now but for its time is was wonderful.

3 1/2 out of 5 Stars

X2 Posters X2-X-Men United: Now this one is more memorable. It has great action, a decent enough story, and I guess great action. This is one of the few sequels that pass up the original. Even though the only thing I’ve commented it being good on is the action it really isn’t brainless. It’s exciting with ever twist and turn.

4 out of 5 Stars

x_men_three_poster X-Men 3: Here’s one everybody has complained about. The first time (and only time) I saw this I didn’t hate it as much as everyone else, but now that I think about it, its pretty bad. The comic relief is out of place, the story is dumb, the special effects are cheap, and the action just isn’t as good. But I do have to say that it is entertaining enough.

2 1/2 out of 5 Stars

No comments: