Saturday, April 25, 2009

Movies of Next Month: May 2009

This Movies of Next Month will be different then the other ones because May is the official start of the summer which brings a whole bunch of films. So this one will definitely be a bigger post then the others. Enjoy.

x-men-origins-wolverine-poster X-Men Origin: Wolverine (Release Date: 5-1-09): I already went over the X-men franchise in a recent post so I don’t have to say that this film is definitely a film that I want to see. I know that the ending is going to be predictable and it’s not going to have symbolism and all that stuff, but if they do it right then it could be this year's Ironman.

Battle for Terra Poster Battle for Terra (Release Date: 5-1-09): This film is about the Earth being destroyed so the humans go and attack this peaceful planet called Terra so they con conquer it. I do find it interesting that the humans are the villains but on the other hand it does seem stupid. Parents could take the kids to it to keep them satisfied until “Up” but probably to the parent’s displeasure.

Ghosts of Girlfriends Past Ghosts of Girlfriends Past (Release Date: 5-1-09): I don’t think I could really comment on this film because it’s obviously not intended for my gender. I’ll just have to say that while the boys see Wolverine the girls would see this.

ST 1-Sht Star Trek (Release Date: 5-8-09): I’m not a Star Trek fan, everything I know about it is the stuff the stuff that’s in pop culture. I do have to say that this movie does looks cool (in a nerdy kind of way), but if it got bad reviews then I wouldn’t be disappointed. There is one thing that I am interested in finding out though, and that is; how did Captain Kirk start talking in sentence fragments?

AD_WWD_PROD_TSR_1SHT_6 Angels & Demons (Release Date: 5-15-09): The Da Vinci Code has a sequel? But that films went on for so long and was so boring that I couldn’t believe that it could have a sequel. Let’s see if this film is a win or snooze.

The Brothers Bloom poster The Brothers Bloom (Release Date: 5-15-09): This film about a couple of brothers trying to con a kooky Heiress looks like it has both comedy and story. Hopefully I’ll be able to see a good independent film in between razor clawed mutants and killer robots.

Terminator Salvation poster Terminator Salvation (Release Date: 5-21-09): I can’t really comment on this film because I haven’t seen any of the terminator films. I’ll have to see those before I see this.

Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian (Release Date: 5-22-09): The first Night at the Museum was great, so the sequel might be great. The only thing that can screw up this film is the whole sequel factor.

Dance Flick poster Dance Flick (Release Date: 5-22-09): I think this film looks funny but could end up completely stupid. It’s made by the Wayans brothers which make good spoof films. It’s funny that this is called Dance Flick instead of Dance Movie because they don’t want to get confused with the creators of such films like Scary movie 3&4, Epic Movie, Date Movie, Superhero Movie, and Disaster movie. Might be stupid or might be a funny spoof, only reviews will tell.

disney-pixar-up poster Up (Release Date: 5-29-09): The chances that this film would be bad are very low. First reason why is this film is made by Pixar which hasn’t made a bad film yet (Wall-E in my opinion was overrated but it wasn’t a bad movie), I mean saying that a Pixar film will suck is like saying that a kid that always tells the truth is lying (There is still a possibility but it’s very low). Even without Pixar’s credentials this film looks great. It seems very funny, adventurous, and charming. I like that instead of conveying an environmental message, Pixar instead takes us on an adventure, and I’ll probably go on that adventure with the old man and his flying house.

Overall this seems like a great movie month, I mean there’s literally something to every week. Also I’ve notice that there seems to be a theme this month. The theme is prequels, there’s a prequel to X-men, a prequel to Star Trek, and a prequel to Terminator (Sort of).

No comments: