Saturday, January 31, 2009

Movies of Next Month: February 2009

I’m going to take a break from the Sabertooth Awards to tell you about a new Sabertooth Reviews series called Movies of Next Month. What I do is at the end of the month I show all the big movies that will come out that month and if I think it’ll be good or not. I already did something like this in my list of the 7 least anticipated films of 08 but I decided that there are so many films that are going to be bad that I decided to do this every month. I’ll comment on these movies in order of release date.

Push (Releases 2-06-09): What I think of Push is that it’s going major crap. It looks like a bad version of Heroes. It also has Camilla Bell in it. Now I haven’t seen any of Camilla Bell’s films but that’s because all of them got bad reviews. Either she’s cursed or she makes bad choices on what movies she’s in. Dakota Fanning’s is in the film also. You know one thing I’ve notice is that actors in Hollywood don’t age as fast as regular people. I mean that Dakota Fanning in her teens and she could still play a little girl. Same thing with Freddy Highmore; he’s 15 but he looks 10. Is there a serum available to actors that prevent them from going through puberty? On the movie I have to say that I won’t see it.


Coraline (Releases 2-06-09): I really don’t think this film would be good. It looks like a mediocre kid’s film but it might be good. I don’t know I probably won’t see it unless it got great reviews.









He’s not that into you (Releases 2-06-09): I don’t have much opinion on this film. It looks like a typical rom-com. It didn’t look funny but it probably won’t be horrible. I most likely won’t see it.









Fanboys (Releases 2-06-09): This made my 7 most anticipated films of 08 list but back when I made the list all I knew about it is the plot. After seeing the trailer I have to say that it looks like Drillbit Taylor but with a star wars based plot. Unless it got great reviews I might pass up on this comedy.








Friday the 13th (Releases 2-13-09): A remake of a horror film. Is there any reason to see it? No.










Jonas Brother 3D concert (Releases 2-27-09): I hate the Jonas Brother’s music so I definitely won’t see this movie, no matter what.

Month Overview: Oh man will I see any new movies this month. Hope the entire year isn’t like this.

No comments: